The boom in online shopping means more goods than ever before are being stored in warehouses. While eCommerce has helped to drive prices down by introducing more competition to marketplaces, it comes with risks. One of them is fire. That is why more warehouse facilities are being protected with sprinkler tanks.
Warehousing can contain huge quantities of plastic. This means fires need to be detected and supressed as quickly as possible. Automatic sprinkler systems with a dedicated water supply are the best option to prevent and reduces losses. That is why more and more warehouse owners are discovering the benefits of sprinkler tanks.
Here are five things you may not know about sprinkler tanks:
- Sprinkler tanks are on standby to deliver water to a fire 24/7. That means premises fitted with automatic sprinklers attached to a sprinkler tank are primed to work day and night.
- A ready supply of water means fires are tackled the moment they are detected.
- Sprinkler tanks provide added peace of mind to eCommerce stock owners and insurers, as well as warehouse owners.
- Group A plastics will require more water if a fire occurs.
- Sprinkler tanks can be built into the design of a new-build or retrofitted.
Literally millions of pounds worth of damage can be caused in just one warehouse fire. That is why it pays to consider fire safety before an incident, rather than as an afterthought.
eCommerce warehousing solutions
If you want to protect your UK warehouse facilities from fire, talk to Nationwide Water Solutions Limited. This British company is the nation’s leading independent supplier of sprinkler tanks and associated services. As well as supplying and installing sprinkler tanks, Nationwide Water Solutions provides a wide range of maintenance and repair services. It also carries out sprinkler tank inspections. Find out more by visiting the website here.